|Invitation to join Brigits_flame
||[Jul. 2nd, 2009|02:04 pm]
Library of the Four Winds - Fic Frenzy
Thanks to windcharmer for giving me permission to post this, when I asked *ahem* 13 weeks ago. ::: grins ::: Windcharmer, if you'd like to promote your community in a post in mine, I'd be very happy to approve it!
I'd like to invite you all to compete in the brigits_flame monthly writing contest, and to share in the community fun. We have a great base of thoughtful, intelligent, and supportive members in the community, with no drama. Our focus is to socialize, become our best in writing, and share our creativity with one another. We've been building our own community web site that shows all our community artwork (of which there are more than 200 icons and banners) and our community FAQ, for those who want to get an overview of what we're about or reference specific contest rules.
Feel free to post your contest writing for the Flame to this community, so you can get feedback from both communities!
Here's a few great reasons to join brigits_flame:
1. Motivation to do your best: With a monthly contest, weekly writing topics, and 50% eliminations each week until week 4, the competition is tight! You'll have to write your best to keep in the running! Click here to learn how the main contest runs.
2. Weekly Editing: Anyone who writes on the topic is invited to sign up for editing from two of our team of editors. They'll give you solid, constructive feedback in a thoughtful and professional fashion. Learn about the community's editing team.
3. Daily Chatter Posts: Get to know a great, supportive, and intelligent base of members through sharing and discussion in our daily chatter posts. Topics range from the lighthearted to intense debate, depending on the day.
4. Feedback on your writing: Our ROAR team makes sure that everyone's submitted writing has been read and has been given constructive, friendly feedback from community members.
5. Moderators who care: We have four great moderators who will be there to respond well and quickly to any of your questions or concerns.
6. Great reading: There's some excellent stuff being presented to the community every week! If you're looking for some great reading material, this is definitely the place!
Whether you're writing fiction, poetry, fanfiction, nonfiction, screenplays, or just blogging, your writing is welcome! We're a well-established, stable community running for its 15th month! Anyone is welcome- even if English is not your native language. We'd love to see you there! ^_^
Click on the banner to join the July Contest! All are welcome! Signups run until 12pm EST, July 6!